Course: Arduino Workshop
- Beginn: 27.02.2024
- Ende: 07.03.2024
- Ort: online only
Arduino Workshop (Dr. Miriam Reh)
Dates: February, 27 and March 7; 9.00-16.00
Location: DZNE seminar
- You should have a basic knowledge of mathematical concepts. Details will be provided in advance of each workshop day for you to recapture.
- You should know the very basic elements of a programming language: Variables, data types, loops. (E.g. C, C++, Java, Python, Matlab...)
- Installation of the Arduino development environment so that we are ready to work at the beginning. You will be provded with more information in ILIAS. In case of difficulties, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Please bring a laptop with a USB Typ A port, to connect it with a USB cable to the Arduino. Apart from that you will be provided with all the electronic components needed, as well as the Arduinos.
Arduino is an open-source
hardware and software project that manufactures microcontroller kits for building
digital devices. The aim of this course is to make you familiar with the basics
of electronics and implementing simple projects with the Arduino
Each workshop day is consisting of short lectures on the basics of electronics in combination with your own hands-on projects which familiarize you in coding with an Arduino.
The following topics will be covered:
1) You will learn about basic electronic components and get in touch with network analysis. We will design first sketches to flash LEDs in a multitude of patterns and to control brightness and timing.
2) You will get to know motors and buttons/ switches and understand how to read a datasheet of an electronic device. We will design sketches combining buttons with LEDs and servos.
3) You will learn about capacitors, RC networks and voltage dividers. We will design our own capacitancemeter using Arduino.
4) You will get to know Pulse-width-modulation and learn about highpass and lowpass filters. We will generate noisy data with an Arduino and use different kinds of filters to smooth the signal.
- You will be provided with 2 ECTS points for actively participating in this course. (In case of sickness at one workshop day, we can arrange for an alternative recap session for the missed date.)
- The workshop is limited to 15 students. If there are too many registrations, early registrations