Become a member of the department
We are always looking for talented new members for our team. If you are interested in joining us as a postdoctoral fellow, PhD student or undergraduate, read more about current projects here.
Our preferred way for PhD applications is through the institute’s PhD program but we will also entertain direct applications. We expect that you have at least some lab experience, and that you can provide at least two letters of reference.
For postdocs, we expect that you have published (or are close to publishing) at least one first-author paper in a major international journal. Please send a letter that outlines which projects you are particularly interested in and why your qualifications make you a good fit for us to the respective project leaders.
For bachelor or master students, please peruse the different research pages and apply directly to the respective project leaders.
For interns, please send your application at least 4, ideally 6 months before you would like to start your internship.
The sort of questions we expect you to have thought about before you apply, include:
- What do you in particular like about our work?
- Why do you find this area exciting?
- In which specific project would you see yourself?
- We’re delighted when candidates propose their own projects, but it must be more than just a continuation of their previous work.
- How you would complement expertise that we already have, and why are we a good fit for you?
- What makes you a particularly strong candidate?